First 5 California (F5CA) and the California Department of Education (CDE) are pleased to announce the release of the QCC Local Consortia and Partnership Grants RFA. This RFA represents a unified application, process, and funding for F5CA IMPACT (Improve and Maximize Programs so All Children Thrive) 2020, the CDE California State Preschool Program Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Block Grant, the CDE QCC Block Grant, and the federal Preschool Development Grant Birth through Five Renewal (PDG-R). Thank you for your patience during the RFA development process. We want to acknowledge that local and regional planning go hand in hand and we will have more to share next week regarding a framework and timeline for Hub RFA development and next steps. Our team is excited for what the future holds in early learning and care, and the historic investment and collaborative effort this RFA represents.
The QCC Local Consortia and Partnership Grants RFA is available at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17309z5fFGeFc2C5n5BdJHMJa9eq8ET_P/view?usp=sharing
- Letter of Intent to Apply Due: March 2, 2020
- Interactive RFA Discussion Session, “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the QCC Local Consortia and Partnership Grant RFA”: February 5, 2020, 10:30-11:45 a.m., 2020 Child Health, Education, and Care Summit, Irvine, California; Note: if you plan to attend this session, please read the RFA prior; all questions answered during this session will me made available via FAQs or during the informational webinar (details below)
- Statewide Informational Webinar: February 12, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to Noon
Register at: https://first5.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAufuGoqjMrFN4hiDx98RK20AFW2ERcWQ
- In-person Technical Assistance Sessions: Four in-person meetings with the state support team will occur in February and March 2020 at various locations throughout the state. Exact dates and locations will be announced.
- Applications Due: April 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Grant Awards Announced: May 2020
- Grant Term Begins: July 1, 2020