First 5 California Dual Language Learner (DLL) Policy Summit was held on June 17, 2022 and celebrated the accomplishments of the DLL Pilot and the Community of Practice.
The summit lifted up bright spots and exemplary strategies to support DLLs and their families, and provided a forum to recognize continued needs related to the implementation of DLL-focused recommendations from the Master Plan for Early Learning and Care, and to build knowledge of and support for DLL-focused policies. More information on the F5CA DLL Pilot is available here.
Summaries and recordings from each of the Summit sessions are available here: https://earlyedgecalifornia.org/first-5-california-dll-pilot-community-of-practice-june-2022-summit-summary/
The full webinar recording is available here: https://vimeo.com/726134755/cead511b39
Please also see Newly Released AIR Research Briefs:
- Quick Facts: Engaging Dual Language Learner Families in Their Children’s Early Education
- Research Brief: Engaging Dual Language Learner Families in Their Children’s Early Education
- Relationships Between Teacher Language Use in the Classroom and Outcomes for Preschool-Aged Dual Language Learners
- A Deeper Look at Classroom Language Approaches and How They Relate to Language Skills and Other Outcomes for Dual Language Learners
- Promising Strategies for Supporting Dual Language Learners, Regardless of the Languages Teachers Speak
- Relationships Between Classroom Practices and Language and Development Among Dual Language Learner Infants and Toddlers