Access information and resources to help you identify and connect with quality early learning and care programs.
Find resources and support to assist you in providing quality early learning and care.
Access Quality Improvement System (QIS) resources (for coaches and trainers, higher education faculty, assessors and observers, and QCC consortium members).
Access information to help communicate the value and importance of quality early learning and care.
PurposeQuality Counts California (QCC) is a statewide effort to strengthen California’s early learning and care system to support young children and their families. QCC uses an equity approach to close the education gap:
- Prioritizing communities where we can make the greatest impact
- Providing access to tools and resources for quality partners, including QIS administrators, coaches, trainers, and higher education faculty
- Linking early educators to resources and support to advance their commitment to quality early learning and care
- Informing parents and families about the importance of quality early learning and helping them identify quality early learning and care environments
- Offering information and research to help policymakers communicate the value and importance of quality early learning and care
Quality Counts CaliforniaQCC focuses on quality early learning and care because those foundational experiences help build the skills children need in school, work, and life. (Reference: Harvard University’s Center on the Developing Child)
- QCC defines quality as early learning and care programs that have environments, relationships, interactions, and activities to support all children’s growth and development to prepare them for success in school and life.
- Research continues to show that children who attend a quality early learning and care program are more likely to do well in school and less likely to drop out or need remedial support later in their education.