Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
Contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Agency using the website information here to access the child care search tool or call 1-800-KIDS-793 (1-800-543-7793) for more information and support.
County Program Profile: Alpine and Mono Consortium
Time Period: 2019–2020
Download archived 2018-2019 data for Alpine County (PDF)
QRIS :: Childcare Quality System
All child care sites in Mono and Alpine Counties choosing to participate in the Childcare Quality System are offered an array of supports—including training, stipends, and technical assistance—that braid funding from multiple sources depending on the site type. Six sites have been rated in the system that began in July 2015. The Mono Alpine Childcare Quality System has five levels of quality, which include measuring the following elements: (1) Child Development and School Readiness; (2) Teachers and Teaching; and (3) Program and Environment. Sites that choose to fulfill a minimum of 21 hours of professional development for at least 50 percent of their staff and conduct Ages and Stages Questionnaires qualify for a minimum annual stipend of $500 and up to $3,500.
Goal: Improve the system supporting quality early learning for all children from birth to age five and support improved outcomes for sites, early educators, children, and families.
Mission: Develop and sustain a strong system to support quality child care in Mono and Alpine Counties
Vision: Facilitate the creation and implementation of an integrated, comprehensive, and collaborative system of information and services to enhance optimal early childhood.
All children have access to:
- Developmental screening and follow-up coordination of early intervention services as needed
- Daily school readiness activities
- Programs inclusive of children with special needs
All families have access to:
- Education and encouragement on selecting quality programs
- Programs and resources to support understanding and enhancement of their child’s development
- Engaging programs including partnerships between child care providers and families
All programs—and the early childhood educators in them—have access to:
- Training, support, and technical assistance
- Transition to kindergarten support
- Coaching based on assessments
County Contact Information
- CSPP and I/T QRIS Block Grants
- Local and Hub IMPACT
- CDE Certification Grant
- Child Development Training Consortium
- Mono and Alpine LPC and R&R
- First 5 Alpine
- First 5 Mono
- Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action
- Inyo County Superintendent of Schools
- Cerro Coso Community College
- Catalyst Community
- Alpine County Office of Education
- First 5 Inyo
- Mono County Office of Education
- Mammoth Unified School District
Process to Outreach/Onboard Programs and Providers
We engage in orientation, beginning-of-the-year meetings with providers, and web posting, and call all licensed providers to invite them to participate. All providers are eligible to participate. Outreach occurs at the end of August and beginning of September.
Quality Improvement Program Support Strategies
We use coaching, training, and advising to develop Quality Improvement Plans and communities of practice.
Local Approach to Offering Financial Incentives and Stipends
We provide an end-of-year stipend to the site from the IMPACT and QRIS Block Grant, based on the number of children served, step, and either actual or projected tier on the Rating Matrix. For the California State Preschool Program QRIS, stipends are based on the site’s tier rating.
How Children Are Served by QCC
Children Served by Setting
Overall Child Characteristics and Services Provided
Children’s Races and Ethnicities
QCC Tier Rating Distribution
Language Spoken with Children
Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) Goals
Going in the right direction with the QRIS, all interested in helping the children be the best they can be. All the agencies working together to do it; DRDP is required and long, but effective and necessary. Greater familiarity with QRIS and ASQ now, more ideas generated because people know what they are.Center Director